Business Software Selection
experience and expertise help you make the right decision
There are numerous software packages
out there promising great features that will serve your business objectives.
Unfortunately, most systems are labor intensive, and disappointing. We are
independent of any vendors and are influenced only by your requirements
and the best products on the market. Let us help you
avoid the numerous pitfalls:
- The system is too large and complex, because it was chosen
based on a few sophisticated features or because the requirements where not consolidated
to reflect the core value-added activities of the business.
- The system needs expensive customization to integrate
important business strategies.
- The system never gets implemented because the perceived
disruption to the business seems overwhelming to the staff and cash-flow.
- The system does not deliver the promised improvements because
poor processes have been institutionalized by the software.
- The office staff is burdened by the software's requirements,
instead of re-engineering their processes properly to utilize the system's efficiencies.
- The system becomes very expensive and unreliable when trying
to accommodate older systems that should be replaced or upgraded.
- The system fails to catch on because the staff did not get
trained properly or the system never fit their business properly.
Enterprise Integrators' Approach:
- Appropriate size - not too complex or to simplistic
- Appropriate features, options and combinations
- Appropriate return on investment
- Appropriate migration & implementation
- Appropriate processes to re-engineer
- Appropriate training & support personnel
- Appropriate platform and infrastructure
Software Selection Process
- Identify processes and critical requirements
- Interview key employees and customers to list of the system
- List the data entities in used by the required processes
- Combine the above mentioned documents into a process flow
& requirements grid for evaluating solutions
- Develop a short list of packages to be demonstrated
- Provide a comparison table of packages based on requirements
- Conduct and review software demonstrations
- Assemble system specifications as request for quotes
- Guide the software evaluation and selection process
- Oversee the set-up and installation with vendor
- Document key system configurations
- Provide training on the effective use
- Mentor and/or hire in-house support staff
- Assist with the process of integration, such as, production
scheduling, receiving, shipping, accounting, EDI and other related functions
- Assist in debugging month end closings
- Arrange for long term third party system support and success
Contact us to see how we may make these and other benefits a reality for
© Copyright 1999, Enterprise Integrators,